Members Code of Ethics
- We will supply high quality service and products to the public at all times.
- We will, whether as manufacturer, seller or operator of machines, or as suppliers of products, use every means in our power to ensure that those machines with which we or our customers are concerned are produced and operated in a manner that will both merit and inspire public confidence and will maintain an adequately trained staff for this purpose. In particular we will use our best endeavours to see that such machines meet all reasonable requirements of convenience, safety and hygiene, comply with and are operated in accordance with the Codes of Hygiene Practice accepted by the Association and any statutory requirements, are properly maintained and are backed by a spare parts service to cover the reasonable life of such machines. We will, if operators of the machines ensure that sufficient information is available upon the machine to direct the attention of the customer in the event of difficulty.
- We will, individually, make available to the Association any relevant information with regard to dealings of a legal nature involving matters of principle with local or national authorities concerning the siting or rating of vending machines including the taxation or labelling of products sold from vending machines, so that such information may be made available by the Chairman at his discretion and in such manner as not to be prejudicial to the individual interests of the original informant, for the benefit of other Members and so that a permanent fund of experience may be established for the benefit of the Association as a whole. We will also, if within our powers, supply such information of a statistical or advisory nature as may be required by the Association from time to time but which shall be treated in confidence and not used to the prejudice of our individual interests.
- We will not engage in any form of selling, promotion, operation, advertising or publicity which, in the opinion of the Association's Committee, is likely to bring the use of vending machines into disrepute or harm the public image of the industry. We will actively discourage, either jointly or individually, those concerned with advertising and sale promotion from being party to any such harmful publicity.
- We will take all possible steps to avoid becoming involved in lawsuits whose nature is likely to give rise to publicity detrimental to the expressed aims of the Association.
- In the event of a merger of our vending business interest with another undertaking or our acquisition of that undertaking's vending business interests, we will, on completion of sale contract, take action forthwith to notify the Association. Any information that shall subsequently be made available for public knowledge as a result of such merger or acquisition shall also be notified to the Association.
- We will advise and encourage all persons, firms and companies engaged in the industry to act in accordance with this Code of Ethics and to become Members of the Association.
VASA Members Customer Charter
- This company, as a Member of the Vending Association of South Africa (VASA) is proud to acknowledge that it trades in accordance with the VASA Code of Ethics.
- The Customer Charter is the basis for a continuing satisfactory, fair trading relationship with our customers.
- Customers can expect to receive value for money, high quality service and products from our vending operation.
- We operate our vending machines to inspire and sustain customer confidence.
- Our vending machines can be operated conveniently and efficiently by the users and will be checked and restocked in accordance with timetables agreed with our customers.
- Our trained staff will ensure that machines in our charge are maintained to the highest standards of safety and hygiene and operated in accordance with statutory requirements and the VASA Codes of Hygiene.
- Machine faults will be attended to within an agreed time and our spare parts service will cover the reasonable life of the machines we supply.
- Sufficient information will be available at the location to direct the attention of users in the event of difficulty.
- We will not engage in any form of selling, promotion, operation, advertising or publicity which is likely to bring the vending industry into disrepute.
- We support recycling through both the Save-a-Cup and Collect-a-Can schemes and are aware of our responsibilities towards the environment.
- In the unlikely event that a complaint should arise which cannot be resolved we agree to accept the decision of the VASA disputes procedure as set out in the VASA Rules or resolve the issue through the Mediation Scheme.